Pack Your Walking Boots & Get up Close to History
Embrace the outdoors and embark on an adventure across our 40-acre site with your family. Children of all ages can enjoy hands-on, interactive activities; there is so much to explore and discover – meet Knucker the water dragon and the working farm animals!
Here is a list of things for you to look out for on your trip to the museum with your young explorers:
- Explore upstairs and downstairs in our collection of buildings – see how people used to live and work
- Learn how the watermill works – try milling with a hand-turned quern
- Explore the woodland playground and find Knucker the water dragon!
- Head to the family activity hub in Hambrook Barn to play traditional games
- Try hands-on activities in the medieval house from Sole Street
- Catch Tudor cooking in Winkhurst kitchen – smell the smoky fire and try some tasty treats
- See traditional breed farm animals – spot our Shire and Percheron horses, Southdown sheep, Saddleback pigs, plus chickens and geese
- Wander through the woodland – discover the climbing log, balancing roots and canopy
In addition to our fantastic range of day-to-day activities, families can also enjoy special events at the Museum:
- Half term family activities
- Easter activities
- Open air theatre performances
- Wonderful Weeks (August)
- Historic Life Weekends with demonstrations and activities
- Meet Green Father Christmas
- Christmas at the Museum
See our What’s On page for a full list of everything that’s happening this year.See what's on
Annual Membership is Great Value!
Why not join as Annual Members and come back to the Museum as many times as you like for a whole year? Membership pays for itself in just three visits and includes standard daytime admission to the Museum.
We hope you can join us soon for a fun family day out!